What if the eye twitches?
Jerking the muscles around the eye is not uncommon. Such a nervous tic can occur in everyone under the influence of certain factors. What are the causes of this ailment, and what to do if the eye twitches?
Why does the eye twitch
The causes of a nervous tic are covered in overexertionnervous system, they are associated with some experiences. And it does not matter when there were events that made people so nervous to be nervous, they can claim themselves a few years later in the form of a nervous tic. Here are a number of reasons why the eye may start to twitch:
- Mental overwork
- Insufficient nighttime sleep (lack of sleep)
- Stressful work rhythm
- Fatigue from business trips, trips, flights
- Soulful experiences (after a divorce, death of a loved one, etc.)
- Weakness of the body after surgery or delivery
- Post-traumatic head injuries, tremors, meningitis, birth injuries
Eye Twitching: Ways to Eliminate
Now directly about what to do if the eye twitches.
- At the moment, it is most important to understand that if youthemselves will not try to calm down and relax, then the nervous tic on the eye is only the first loosened cog in your body. Take yourself in hand, although this is not easy. Think about yourself.
- Now we will take active measures. Take a full course of sedative tinctures or preparations on herbs (valerian, chamomile, for example).
- How to relax so as not to twitch your eyes: Close your eyes tightly and take a deep breath, and then a deep exhalation. Open your eyes and repeat the exercise 5 times. Do not ignore this method, because it is based on relaxation of the nervous system.
- It is very important at the moment to have a good night's sleep! Go to bed earlier, at least 2 hours, during the day, several times take a break for 15 minutes.
- Some people help to "blink", blink often, often for a minute.
- Working at the computer all day long also causes stress. Try to reduce the time spent behind it.
- Think about whether you can not experience a deficitmagnesium. He is responsible for the good work of your nervous system, allows you to remove the excessive excitability of neurons. To get more magnesium, eat fish, watermelons, bananas, beans, peas, chocolate and rye bread.
- Now try to avoid all conflict situations. Protect your health yourself.
- Often the reason that a person jerkseye, becomes a neurosis (acute or chronic). This is a psychological problem. That is, with a neurosis, a person has some unresolved experience that he could force out of consciousness and not remember about it. On a visit to a psychologist you will reveal a hidden problem and work out psychotraumatic situations. It would be enough.
- If sedatives do not help, the eye twitches induring the week and after a good sleep, rest, you should consult a doctor. A harmless, at first glance, nervous tic on the eye can turn into a chronic illness or be a symptom of a nervous breakdown and spoil you all life if at the time do not go to a neurologist and start treatment.