The most vivid memories of women war veterans
We have collected for you the most vivid memories of women veterans from the book Svetlana Alexievich "The war is not a woman's face."
1. "We drove for many days ... We went out with girls to a station with a bucket to get some water. Looked around and gasped: one by one the trains went, and there were some girls. They sing. They wave to us - who are scarves, who are pilots. It became clear: there are not enough men, they died in the ground, or in captivity. Now we’ve replaced them ... Mom wrote me a prayer. I put her in the medallion. Maybe it helped, I returned home. I kissed the medallion before the fight. .. "
“One night a whole company led reconnaissance in the area of our regiment. By dawn, she had departed, and a moan came from the neutral strip. Left wounded. “Do not go, they will be killed,” the fighters did not let me in, “see, it is already getting light.” Did not obey, crawled. She found the wounded man, dragged him eight hours, tied a belt by the arm. Dragged the living.The commander found out, announced in the heat of the moment five days in jail for unauthorized absenteeism. And the deputy regiment commander reacted differently: "Deserves rewards." At nineteen, I had the medal "For Courage". At nineteen, she turned gray. At nineteen in the last battle both lungs were shot through, the second bullet passed between two vertebrae. Paralyzed legs ... And I was considered killed ... At the age of nineteen ... I have a granddaughter now. I look at it and I do not believe it. Dite! "
2. "I had night duty ... I went into the ward of seriously wounded. The captain was lying ... The doctors warned me before the duty that at night he would die ... Not reach the morning ... I ask him:" Well, how? How can I help you? "I will never forget ... He suddenly smiled, such a bright smile on his exhausted face:" Unbutton your robe ... Show me your chest ... I have not seen my wife for a long time ... "I felt ashamed that there he answered him. She left and returned an hour later. He lies dead. And that smile is on his face ... "
“And when he appeared the third time, this one instant — it will appear, then it will disappear,” I decided to shoot. I decided to, and suddenly such a thought flashed: this is a man, even though he is an enemy, but a man, and my hands somehow began to shake, a shiver went all over my body, a chill.Some kind of fear ... Sometimes this feeling still comes back to me in a dream ... After plywood targets, shooting a living person was difficult. I see him in an optical sight, I see well. As if he is close ... And inside I have something opposed ... Something does not, I can not decide. But I pulled myself together, pulled the trigger ... It didn't work out right away. Not a woman's thing - to hate and kill. Not our ... We had to convince ourselves. Persuade…"
3. "And the girls rushed to the front voluntarily, but the coward himself would not fight. They were bold, extraordinary girls. There are statistics: losses among the front-line doctors took second place after losses in rifle battalions. In the infantry. I will tell you now ... We went up to the attack, and let's squint with a machine gun. And the battalion was gone. All lay. They were not all killed, many were wounded. The Germans beat, the fire does not stop. Quite unexpectedly for all of the trench pops up first one girl, then w Paradise, the third ... They began to dress, and to drag the wounded, even the Germans for a while numb astonishment. For ten o'clock in the evening all the girls were seriously injured, and each saved a maximum of two or three people.They were awarded sparingly, at the beginning of the war the awards were not scattered. It was necessary to pull out the wounded man along with his personal weapon. The first question in the medical battalion: where are the weapons? At the beginning of the war it was not enough. A rifle, a machine gun, a machine gun — that too had to be dragged. In the forty-first order was issued number two hundred and eighty-one about the presentation of the award for saving the lives of soldiers: for fifteen seriously wounded, taken from the battlefield with personal weapons - the medal "For Military Merit", for the salvation of twenty-five people - the Order of the Red Star, for the salvation of forty - the Order of the Red Banner; for the salvation of eighty - the order of Lenin. And I described to you what it meant to save at least one battle ... From bullets ... "
“What was going on in our souls, such people as we were then, probably, will never be again. Never! So naive and so sincere. With such faith! When our regiment commander received the banner and gave the command: “Regiment, under the banner! On our knees! ”, We all felt happy. We stand and cry, every tear in his eyes. You will not believe it now, my whole body became tense from my shock, my illness, and I got sick with “night blindness”, it happened to me from malnutrition, from nervous exhaustion happened, so,my night blindness has passed. You see, I was healthy the next day, I recovered, it was through such a shock to the whole soul ... ”
“I was thrown by a hurricane wave to a brick wall. Lost consciousness ... When I came to, it was already evening. She lifted her head, tried to squeeze her fingers - they seemed to move, she barely broke through her left eye and went into the ward, all covered in blood. In the corridor I meet our older sister, she did not recognize me, asked: “Who are you? From where? ”She came closer, gasped and said:“ Where have you been for so long, Xenia? The wounded are hungry, but you are not. ” Quickly bandaged my head, left arm above the elbow, and I went to get dinner. His eyes were dark, sweat poured hail. Began to hand out dinner, fell. Brought to consciousness, and only heard: "Hurry up! Quick! ”And again -“ Hurry up! Hurry! ”A few days later they took blood from me for the seriously wounded.”
4. “We're very young, we went to the front. Girls. I even grew up for the war. Mom measured it at home ... I grew ten centimeters ...”
“They organized nursing courses, and my father took me and my sister there. I am fifteen years old, and my sister is fourteen. He said: “This is all that I can give to win. My girls ... ”There was no other thought then. A year later, I went to the front ... "
“Our mother had no sons ... And when Stalingrad was besieged, they voluntarily went to the front. Together. The whole family: mother and five daughters, and the father had already fought by this time ... "
5. "I was mobilized, I was a doctor. I left with a sense of duty. And my dad was happy that his daughter was at the front. He was protecting the Motherland. Dad went to the draft board early in the morning. He went to get my certificate and went early in the morning on purpose so that in the village they saw that his daughter was at the front ... "
“I remember, they let me go in dismissal. Before I went to my aunt, I went to the store. Before the war, she loved candy. I say:
- Give me the candy.
The saleswoman looks at me like she is crazy. I did not understand: what are the cards, what is the blockade? All the people in the line turned to me, and I have a rifle more than me. When they gave them to us, I looked and thought: “When will I grow up to this rifle?” And everyone suddenly began to ask, the whole line:
- Give her some candy. Cut out our coupons.
And they gave me. ”
"And for the first time in my life I happened ... Our ... Women's ... I saw blood in my face, like a shout:
- I was hurt ...
In the exploration with us was a paramedic, already an elderly man. He to me:
- Where did you hurt?
- I do not know where ... But the blood ...
Like his father, he told me everything ... I went to reconnaissance after the war for about fifteen years. Every night. And such dreams: either my machine gun refused, then we were surrounded. You wake up - your teeth are creaking. Remember - where are you? There or here? "
7. "I went to the front as a materialist. Atheist. She left a good Soviet schoolgirl who was well taught. And there ... There I began to pray ... I always prayed before the battle, read my prayers. Words are simple ... My words. .. There is one meaning for me to return to mom and dad. I didn’t know these prayers and did not read the Bible. Nobody saw how I prayed. I secretly. Furtively prayed. Be careful. Because ... We were different then then other people lived. Do you understand? "
“The forms on us could not be saved: always in the blood. My first wounded was Senior Lieutenant Belov, my last wounded was Sergey Petrovich Trofimov, a sergeant of a mortar platoon. In the seventieth year, he came to visit me, and I showed his daughters wounded head, which is still a big scar. In total, I carried four hundred eighty one wounded people from under the fire. Some of the journalists counted: a whole rifle battalion ... They dragged men on themselves, two or three times heavier than us. And the wounded they are even harder.You drag him himself and his weapon, but he still has an overcoat on it, boots. Pick up eighty kilograms and drag. Throw off ... You follow the next, and again seventy-eighty kilograms ... And so five or six times in one attack. And you yourself forty eight kilograms - ballet weight. Now I can not believe ... "
“I later became the squad leader. All branch from young boys. We are on the boat all day. The boat is small, there are no latins there. If necessary, children can go through the board, that's all. Well, how about me? A couple of times I got so sick that I jumped straight overboard and swim. They shout: "Sergeant overboard!" Pull out. Such an elementary trifle ... But what is this trifle? I was treated later ...
“Returned from the war gray. Twenty-one, and I'm all fair. I was seriously wounded, concussion, I did not hear well in one ear. Mom met me with the words: “I believed that you would come. I prayed for you day and night. ” Brother at the front died. She cried: "Equally now - give birth to girls or boys."
9. "And I will say something else ... The worst thing for me in a war is to wear men's pants. That was scary. And this is somehow to me ... I will not express it ... Well, first of all, very ugly. ..You are in a war, you are going to die for your Motherland, and you have men's underpants. In general, you look ridiculous. Ridiculous. Men's underwear then wore long. Wide. Sewn from satin. Ten girls in our dugout, and they are all in men's shorts. Oh my God! Winter and summer. Four years ... They crossed the Soviet border ... They finished off, as our commissar said in political studies, a beast in his own lair. Near the first Polish village we were dressed, given out new uniforms and ... And! AND! AND! They brought for the first time women's pants and bras. For the whole war for the first time. Haaaa ... Well, I see ... We saw normal lingerie ... Why aren't you laughing? Crying ... Well, why? "
“When I was eighteen, at Kursk, I was awarded the medal“ For Military Merit ”and the Order of the Red Star, and at nineteen I was awarded the Order of the Patriotic War of the second degree. When new replenishment arrived, the guys were all young, of course, they were surprised. They are also eighteen or nineteen years old, and with a sneer they asked, “Why did you get your medals?” I tied up on the battlefield, under shelling, I remembered his last name - Cheeky.He had a broken leg. I impose a tire on him, and he asks me for forgiveness: “Sister, forgive me for having offended you then ...”
“Disguised. Sit. We are waiting for the night to still try to break through. And Lieutenant Misha T., the battalion commander was injured, and he served as a battalion commander, he was twenty years old, began to remember how he loved to dance, play the guitar. Then he asks:
- Have you ever tried?
- What? What have you tried? - I wanted to eat scary.
- Not what, but whom ... Babu!
And before the war, these cakes were. With that name.
- And I have not tried it either. You will die and you will not know what love is ... They will kill us at night ...
- Fuck you, you fool! - It dawned on me what he was talking about.
They died for life, not knowing what life is. Everything was just read in the books. I loved the movie about love ... "
11. "She shielded a loved one from a mine fragments. Splinters fly - these are some fractions of a second ... How did she manage? She saved Lieutenant Petya Boychevsky, she loved him. And he remained to live. Thirty years later Petya Boychevsky came from Krasnodar and found me at our front-line meeting, and told me all this. We went with him to Borisov and found the clearing where Tonya died. He took the earth from her grave ...Nes and kissed ... It was five of us, Konak girls ... And one I returned to my mother ... "
“A separate squad of smoke disguises was organized, commanded by the former commander of the torpedo boats division, Lieutenant Commander Alexander Bogdanov. Girls, mostly with secondary technical education or after the first courses of the institute. Our task is to protect the ships, to cover them with smoke. The shelling will begin, the sailors are waiting: “Hurry up, the girls would hang up the smoke. With him quieter. We traveled in cars with a special mixture, and all at this time were hiding in an air-raid shelter. We, as they say, caused fire on ourselves. After all, the Germans beat on this smoke screen ... "
12. "I tied up the tanker ... The fight is coming, the roar. He asks:" Girl, what is your name? "Even a compliment of some kind. It was so strange to me to say my name in this roar, in this horror, Olya."
“And here I am the commander of the gun. And that means me - in one thousand three hundred and fifty-seventh anti-aircraft regiment. At first, there was blood from the nose and ears, stomach upset came full ... The throat dried up to vomiting ... At night it was not so scary, but in the afternoon it was very scary. It seems that the plane flies right at you, precisely on your weapon. Ramming on you! This is one moment ... Now he will turn you into everything, all of you.Everything is over! ”
13. "And while they found me, I strongly froze my feet. Apparently I was thrown with snow, but I was breathing and a hole was formed in the snow ... Such a pipe ... The sanitary dogs found me. They dug the snow and brought my ear hat There I had a death passport, each had such passports: what kind of relatives, where to report. I was dug up, put on a cape, I had a full blood jacket ... But no one paid attention to my legs ... For six months I I was in the hospital. We wanted to amputate the leg, amputate above the knee, because gangrene started. And here I am a little But she didn’t want to stay crippled. Why should I live? Who needs me? Neither my father nor my mother. Loss in life. Well, who needs me, stump! I will choke ... "
“They also got a tank there. We were both senior drivers, and there should be only one driver in the tank. The command decided to appoint me commander of the tank "IS-122", and her husband - a senior driver-mechanic. And so we got to Germany. Both are injured. We have awards. There were quite a few tank-girls on medium tanks, but on a heavy one, I’m alone. ”
14. "We were told to wear all the military, and I was about fifty meters. I got into the trousers, and the girls tied me upstairs."
“As long as he hears ... Until the last moment you tell him that no, no, how can you die?” Kissing him, hugging: what are you, what are you? He is already dead, his eyes are on the ceiling, and I am whispering something to him ... I calm him down ... The names have been erased, gone from memory, but the faces have remained ... "
“We had a nurse taken prisoner ... A day later, when we fought off the village, dead horses, motorcycles, armored personnel carriers were lying around. They found her: her eyes were gouged out, her chest was cut off ... She was put on a stake ... Frost, and she is white and white, and her hair is all gray. She was nineteen years old. In her backpack, we found letters from the house and a rubber green bird. A children's toy ... "
“Under Sevsk, the Germans attacked us seven to eight times a day. And I still carried the wounded with this weapon. By the last crawled, and his hand completely smashed. Dangling on pieces ... On the veins ... In the blood of the whole ... He urgently needs to cut off his hand to bandage. No other way. And I have no knife or scissors. Bag telepalas-telepalas on its side, and they fell out. What to do? And I gnawed this flesh with my teeth. Gnawed, bandaged ... Bandage, and wounded: “Hurry, sister. I will fight again. ” In the heat of the ... "
“I was afraid of the whole war so that my legs would not be crippled. I had beautiful legs. Man - what? He is not so scared if he even loses his legs.Anyway - a hero. Groom! And a woman will be crippled, so this will be her fate. Women's fate ... "
16. "Men will lay out a fire at the bus stop, shake lice, dry. And where are we? Let us run for some kind of shelter, and undress there. I had a knitted sweater, so the lice sat on every millimeter, in every buttonhole. Lice are head, clothes, pubic ... I had them all ... "
17. "Under Makiyivka, in the Donbass, I was wounded, I was wounded in the thigh. I climbed such a fragment, like a pebble, sits. I feel - blood, I folded the individual package and there. And then I run, I bandage. yes, to the buttock. In the ass ... At sixteen, it’s embarrassing to tell anyone. It’s inconvenient to admit it. Well, and so I ran, tied up, until I lost consciousness from loss of blood. Full boots leaked ... "
“A doctor came, made a cardiogram, and they ask me:
- When did you have a heart attack?
- What is a heart attack?
- You have all the heart in the scars.
And these scars, apparently, from the war. You go over the target, you all shakes. The whole body is covered with trembling, because the fire is below: fighters shoot, anti-aircraft guns shoot ... We flew mostly at night.For a while we were tried to be sent on assignments in the afternoon, but they immediately abandoned this idea. Our "Po-2" shot from a machine gun ... We made up to twelve sorties per night. I saw the famous pilot-ace Pokryshkin, when he flew out of a combat flight. It was a strong man, he is not twenty years old and not twenty-three, like us: while the plane was being refueled, the technician managed to take off his shirt and unscrew it. From it flowed, as if he had been in the rain. Now you can easily imagine what was happening with us. You arrive and you can't even get out of the cab, they pull us out. Could not carry the tablet, pulled on the ground.
18. "We sought ... We did not want to be told about us:" Oh, these women! "And we tried more than men, we still had to prove that we were not worse than men. And for a long time we were arrogant attitude: "these women will marry ..."
“Three times wounded and three times contused. In the war, who dreamed about what: who would return home, who would go to Berlin, and I would think about one thing - to live to see my birthday so that I would be eighteen years old. For some reason, I was scared to die before, not even live to eighteen. I walked in trousers, in a cap, always ragged, because you always crawl on your knees,so even under the weight of the wounded. I could not believe that someday it would be possible to get up and walk on the ground, and not crawl. It was a dream! Somehow the division commander arrived, saw me and asked: “What kind of teenager do you have? What do you keep it? He would have to be sent to study. ”
“We were happy when we got a pot of water to wash our hair. If they walked for a long time, they looked for soft grass. They tore her legs and ... Well, you see, they washed off the grass ... We had our own characteristics, girls ... The army didn’t think about it ... We had green legs ... Well, if the foreman was an elderly person and understood everything, didn’t take excess laundry out of the bag. and if young, be sure to throw away too much. And what is it too much for girls who need to change their clothes twice a day. We were tearing off the sleeves from the lower shirts, and there are only two of them. These are only four sleeves ... "
“Let's go ... A man is two hundred girls, and behind is a man two hundred men. The heat is worth it. Hot Summer. Marsh throw - thirty kilometers. The heat is wild ... And after us there are red spots on the sand ... Traces are red ... Well, these things ... Ours ... How are you hiding what? The soldiers are following and pretending that they do not notice anything ... They do not look at their feet ... The trousers dried up on us, as they grew out of glass. Rezali. There were wounds, and the smell of blood was heard all the time.They did not give us anything ... We were guarding: when the soldiers hang their shirts on the bushes. A couple of pieces we will pull off ... They then already guessed, laughed: “Sergeant, give us other underwear. The girls took us. ” There were not enough wads and bandages for the wounded ... And not that ... Lingerie, perhaps, only two years later appeared. In men's shorts went and T-shirts ... Well, let's go ... In boots! The legs are also fried. Let's go ... To the crossing, there are waiting for ferries. We got to the crossing, and then they began to bomb us. The most terrible bombing, men - who where to hide. Our name is ... And we do not hear the bombing, we are not up to the bombing, we are more likely into the river. To the water ... Water! Water! And they sat there until they were soaked ... Under the fragments ... Here it is ... Shame was worse than death. And a few girls died in the water ... "
20. "Finally, they were assigned. They brought me to my platoon ... The soldiers look: someone with a sneer, someone with evil even, and the other will wriggle with his shoulders - everything is immediately clear. When the battalion commander imagined that you were supposedly a new commander a platoon, they all howled at once: “Oooooo ...” One even spat: “Ugh!” And a year later, when I was awarded the Order of the Red Star, these same guys, who survived, were holding me in arms my dugout was carried. They were proud of me. "
“Accelerated march out on a mission.The weather was warm and light. When they began to pass the position of long-range truck gunners, suddenly one jumped out of the trench and shouted: “Air! Rama! ”I looked up and was looking for a“ frame ”in the sky. I do not find any aircraft. It's quiet around, not a sound. Where is that “frame”? Then one of my sappers asked for permission to fail. I look, he goes to the gunner and slaps him. I did not have time to figure out how the artilleryman shouted: “Boys, we are beating ours!” Other gunners boosted the trench and surrounded our sapper. My platoon, without hesitation, threw probes, mine detectors, duffel bags and rushed to his rescue. A fight ensued. I could not understand what happened? Why did the platoon get into a fight? Every minute counts, and there is such a mess. I give the command: “Platoon, become operational!” No one pays attention to me. Then I grabbed a gun and shot in the air. Officers jumped out of the dugout. While all calmed down, a considerable time has passed. The captain approached my platoon and asked: “Who is the oldest here?” I reported. His eyes widened, he was even taken aback. Then he asked: "What happened here?" I could not answer, because I really did not know the reason. Then my commander-in-chief came out and told how everything was.So I learned what “frame” is, what an offensive word it was for a woman. Something like a whore. Front curse ... "
21. "Ask about love? I'm not afraid to tell the truth ... I was pepezhe, something that stands for" field-field wife. Wife in the war. The second. Illegal The first battalion commander ... I did not love him. He was a good man, but I did not love him. And I went to his dugout in a few months. Where to go? Some men are around, it's better to live with one than to be afraid of everyone. In battle, it was not as scary as it was after the battle, especially when the rest is over, we will retire to re-form. How do they shoot, fire, they call: "Sister! Sis!", And after the battle, everyone will guard you ... You can't get out of the dugout at night ... Did the other girls tell you this or not admit it? Shame, I think ... Keep silent. Proud! And it was all ... But they are silent about it ... It is not accepted ... No ... For example, I, in the battalion, had one woman, lived in a common dugout. Together with men. They gave me a place, but what is it separate, the whole dugout six meters. I woke up at night from the fact that waving his hands, then I will give one up my cheeks, his hands, then another. I was wounded, went to the hospital and waved my hands there. Nurse wakes up at night: "What are you doing?" Who will you tell? "
22. "We buried him ...He was lying on a cape, he had just been killed. The Germans are shooting at us. It is necessary to bury quickly ... Right now ... We found old birch trees, chose the one that stood some distance from the old oak. The biggest. Near her ... I tried to remember to go back and find this place later. Here the village ends, then the fork ... But how to remember? How to remember, if one birch is already burning before our eyes ... How? They began to say goodbye ... They say to me: "You are the first!" My heart jumped, I realized ... What ... Everyone, it turns out, is aware of my love. Everyone knows ... Thought struck: maybe he knew? Here ... It lies ... Now it will be lowered into the ground ... Zareyut. They'll lay it with sand ... But I was terribly overjoyed at the thought that maybe he knew too. What if he liked me too? As if he is alive and something will answer me now ... I remembered how on the New Year he gave me a German chocolate. I did not eat her month, I wore it in my pocket. Now it does not reach me, I remember all my life ... This moment ... Bombs are flying ... It ... It lies on the cape ... This moment ... And I am happy ... I stand and about I smile myself. Abnormal. I am glad that he, perhaps, knew about my love ... She came up and kissed him. I have never kissed a man before ... It was the first ... "
23.“How did the Motherland meet us? I can’t cry without sobs ... Forty years have passed, and my cheeks are still burning. The men were silent, and the women ... They shouted to us:“ We know what you did there! Lured young n ... our men. Front-line b ... Military knots ... "They insulted everyone ... A rich Russian dictionary ... A guy with a dance accompanies me, I feel bad, my heart pauses. I go and sit in a snowdrift." you? "-" Oh, nothing. I danced. "And these are my two wounds ... This is war ... And you have to learn to be tender. To be weak and fragile, and legs in boots spread out - the fortieth size. Unusual for someone to hug me. I was used to answering for myself. I waited for tender words, but I didn’t understand them. They are like children’s me. A strong Russian mother was at the front among men. I got used to it. My friend taught me, she worked in the library: "Read poems. Yesenin read. "
“My legs were gone ... My legs were cut off ... They saved me there, in the forest ... The operation was in the most primitive conditions. They put it on the table to operate, and even iodine was not there, they sawed with a simple saw, both legs ... They laid it on the table, and there was no iodine. Six kilometers into another partisan detachment went for iodine, and I was lying on the table. Without anesthesia. Without ... Instead of anesthesia - a bottle of vodka.There was nothing, except for the usual saw ... Joiner ... We had a surgeon, he himself also had no legs, he talked about me, it was other doctors who said: “I bow to her. I have operated so many men, but I have not seen such people. Do not cry out. I held on ... I used to be strong in public ... "
Running up to the car, I opened the door and began to report:
“Comrade General, at your command ...”
- To leave ...
Stretched on the stand "quietly." The general did not even turn to me, but through the glass of the car he was looking at the road. Nervous and often glances at his watch. I am standing. He speaks to his orderly:
“Where is that sappers commander?”
I tried again to report:
“Comrade general ...”
He finally turned to me with annoyance:
- Fuck, I need you!
I understood everything and almost burst out laughing. Then his orderly first guessed:
- Comrade general, and maybe she is the commander of the sappers?
The general stared at me.
- Who are you?
- The commander of the sapper platoon, comrade general.
“Are you a platoon commander?” - he was indignant.
- Yes, Comrade General!
- Do your sappers work?
- Yes, Comrade General!
- Zaladila: General, General ...
He got out of the car, walked a few steps forward, then came back to me. He stood, measured his eyes. And to your orderly:
- Have you seen?
25. "My husband was a senior machinist, and I was a machinist. For four years we went to a wagon, and my son went with us. He didn’t even see a cat in my entire war. When I caught a cat near Kiev, our team was bombed, five aircraft flew and he hugged her: "Kisanka dear, how glad I am that I saw you. I do not see anyone, well, sit with me. Let me kiss you. "Child ... A child should have everything baby ... He fell asleep with the words:" Mom, we have a cat. We now have a real home. "
26. "Anya Kaburova is lying on the grass ... Our signler. She dies - a bullet hit the heart. At this time a wedge of cranes flies over us. Everyone raised their heads to the sky, and she opened her eyes. Looked:" What a pity, girls " Then she paused and smiled at us: “Girls, will I really die?” At this time our postman, our Klava, is running, she shouts: “Don't die! Do not die! You have a letter from home ... "Anya does not close her eyes, she is waiting ... Our Klava sat down next to her, opened an envelope. A letter from her mother:" My dear, beloved daughter ... "There is a doctor beside me, he says:" This is a miracle. Miracle!! She lives contrary to all the laws of medicine ... "They finished reading the letter ... And only then Anya closed her eyes ..."
27. "I stayed with him one day, the second and decide:" Go to headquarters and report. I'll stay here with you. "He went to the authorities, but I do not breathe: well, how can they say that at twenty-four o'clock her legs would not be? This is the front, this is understandable. And suddenly I see - the authorities are entering the dugout: a major, a colonel. Hello everybody. Then, of course, we sat down in the dugout, drank, and each said his word that the wife found her husband in the trench, this is the real wife, there are documents. This is such a woman! Let me see this woman! They said such words, they all cried. I remember that evening all my life ... What do I have left? Enrolled as a nurse. Went with him in intelligence. Beats a mortar, I see - fell. I think: killed or wounded? I run there, and the mortar beats, and the commander shouts: "Where are you going, damn woman !!" Crawling - live ... Alive! "
“Two years ago, our chief of staff, Ivan Mikhailovich Grinko, visited me. He has long been retired. He sat at the same table. I also baked cakes. They are talking with her husband, remembering ... They started talking about our girls ... And as a glow, I say: “Honor, say respect. And the girls are almost all lonely. Unmarried They live in communal apartments. Who pity them? Protected? Where did you all go after the war? Traitors !! ”In a word, I spoiled the festive mood for them ... The chief of staff was sitting in your place. “You show me,” pounded his fist on the table, “who offended you.You only show him to me! ”He asked for forgiveness:“ Valya, I can't tell you anything except tears ”.
28. "I came to Berlin with an army ... I returned to my village with two orders of Glory and medals. I lived for three days, and on the fourth my mother lifts me out of bed and says:" Daughter, I picked you up a bundle. Go away ... Go away ... You still have two younger sisters growing up. Who will marry them? Everyone knows that you were at the front for four years, with men ... "Do not touch my soul. Write, like others, about my rewards ..."
29. "At Stalingrad ... I drag two wounded. I drag one, leave, then the other. And so pull them one by one, because there are very heavy wounded, they cannot be left, both of them, as it is easier to explain, have high broken legs they bleed. There is a minute of the road, every minute. And suddenly, when I crawled away from the battle, there was less smoke, I suddenly found myself dragging one of our tankers and one German ... I was terrified: there our people are dying, and I save the Germans. I was in a panic ... There, in the smoke, I didn’t understand ... I see: a man dies, a man shouts ... Aaa ... They both burned, black. Same. And then I saw: someone else's medallion, someone else's watch, everything else's. This form is damned.And now what? Draw our wounded and think: "Come back for a German or not?" I understood that if I left him, he would soon die. From the loss of blood ... And I crawled after him. I continued to drag them both ... It's Stalingrad ... The most terrible battles. The best of the best. You are my diamond ... There can not be one heart for hatred, and the second for love. In humans, it is one. "
“The war ended, they were terribly insecure. Here is my wife. She is an intelligent woman, and she treats military girls badly. He believes that they were going to the war for the fiancés, that they were all spinning novels there. Although in fact, we have a sincere conversation, it was most often honest girls. Clean But after the war ... after the mud, after the lice, after the deaths ... I wanted something beautiful. Bright. Beautiful women ... I had a friend, he was loved at the front by one beautiful girl, as I now understand, a girl. Nurse. But he did not marry her, demobilized and found another one, more cute. And he is unhappy with his wife. Now he remembers that, his military love, she would be his friend. And after the front, he did not want to marry her, because for four years he saw her only in worn-out boots and a men's quilted jacket. We tried to forget the war. And their girls, too, have forgotten ... "
thirty."My girlfriend ... I will not give her last name, suddenly offended ... Voenfeldsher ... Three times wounded. The war ended, she entered a medical institute. She did not find any of her relatives, everyone died. She was in dire need of soap, to feed themselves. But she didn’t admit to anyone that she is a war invalid and has benefits, broke all documents. I ask: “Why did you break up?” She cries: “And who would marry me?” - “Well, what,” I say, “I did it right.” Crying even louder: “These papers would be useful to me now. Sick hard. "Imagine? Cries."
[caption id = "attachment_406720 ″ align =" alignnone "width =" 540 ″ caption = "31. "We went to Kineshma, this is the Ivanovo region, to his parents. I was traveling as a heroine, I never thought that this was the way to meet the front-line girl. But we passed so much, saved the mothers of children, wives of husbands. I heard insulting words. Until then, except for: "dear sister," "dear sister," I did not hear anything else ... They sat down to drink tea in the evening, the mother took her son to the kitchen and cried: "Who did you marry? At the front ... You have two younger sisters. Who will marry them now? "And now, when I remember this, I want to cry.Imagine: I brought a plate, I loved her very much.