Peroxide solution for lenses - simple cleaning and disinfection of contact lenses of any type
Contact lenses, like everything related torequire careful regular care. Without the use of special tools, lenses can become stiff, over-dried. The period of their use will be significantly reduced, and, in addition, from the use of a "dry" lens may occur symptoms of eye irritation.
It is equally important to carry out the cleaning in a timely mannerlenses, disinfect, remove dust and protein contamination. Safe and accurate cleaning of the contact lens can be done with a special peroxide solution.
What is a peroxide solution for contact lenses
Purifying and disinfecting peroxide solutionfor lenses - a substance that can be gently, without mechanical cleaning, remove protein deposits and contamination on the eye lenses and almost completely destroy harmful bacteria, viruses, fungal formations.
To date, all peroxide solutions can be divided into two categories:
- Single-stage, allowing to carry out the purification procedure in one action, where a disk of medical alloy with platinum content is used to neutralize hydrogen peroxide.
- Two-stage, requiring additionalcleaning procedure: first the lenses are soaked in a disinfectant solution, and after disinfection they are treated with neutralizing and rinsing solutions.
One of the most popular single-stage systems -Peroxide Solution for Lenses One Step - is produced by the world's leading manufacturer of products for vision correction Sauflon. The peroxide system, whose name literally means "one step", is the result of many years of research in the field of medical optics. Cleaning with this system performs several tasks at the same time for the care of lenses: cleansing, moisturizing, lubricating, sterilizing and short-term storage. Due to its ease of use and high antibacterial properties, the One Step peroxide system is in great demand among customers who have already chosen it for the care of eye lenses.
Composition of the solution. What's included in the One Step kit for cleaning contact lenses
Sterile peroxide solution for lenses alwayshas in the active substance - hydrogen peroxide. It performs the function of a cleaning and disinfectant. The One Step system includes: hydrogen peroxide 3% with a buffering agent, poloxamer.
One Step Peroxide Peroxide Kit includes:
- Peroxide solution for One Step lenses - 360 ml or 100 ml.
- Instructions for the use of a solution for single-stage cleaning and disinfection of lenses.
- A container in which a metal alloy disk containing platinum is built in.
Important! For the cleaning process, use only the catalytic disk container included in the One Step kit. In addition, the container is not recommended to use after the solution in the vial is finished.
Method of application of peroxide solution
Step-by-step single-step cleaning of contact lenses through the One Step peroxide system is quite simple:
- Contact lenses are placed in the lens holder of the container.
- The peroxide solution for lenses is poured into the container to the mark.
- The container is closed with a lid.
- The lenses are left in a container with a solution for a period of six to eight hours until the neutralization of hydrogen peroxide is complete.
Important! The main feature of peroxide solutions - the process of application should be carried out in strict accordance with the instructions. Not neutralized solution of hydrogen peroxide is able to slightly burn the cornea of the eyes and cause unpleasant sensations. Therefore, it is so important to withstand lenses in solution for at least six hours. If you do not comply with this rule and remove the lenses from the solution before the term, the peroxide constituent is not neutralized.
Use a peroxide solution for lenses with dyes can not. The processing of colored contact lenses by this method can lead to the destruction and washing out of the coloring material.
The peroxide solution is not suitable forlong-term storage of lenses. After 24 hours contact lenses are recommended to be moved to a solution designed specifically for storing lenses. If the lenses have stayed in the peroxide solution for longer - they need to be disinfected again.
The peroxide solution is not intended to moisturize the cornea of the eye directly. Also it is strictly forbidden to use it as a rinse solution.
Benefits of using the One Step peroxide system
Of course, choosing a solution for the care of lensesany type, first of all it is necessary to consult an ophthalmologist. Another thing you should pay attention to when choosing a peroxide solution for lenses is reviews in the press and the Network of people already using this tool. So, what are the positive qualities of using the One Step system by specialists and users?
- Suitable for contact lenses of any type: soft and hard.
- Simplicity of using a single-stage peroxide system - no need to mix components or alternate solutions. Everything necessary for cleaning and disinfection is mixed in one bottle.
- Quality sterilization and lens cleaning. No additional cleaning is required, including mechanical cleaning.
- No redness of the eyes and irritation with prolonged wearing of lenses.
- Does not contain various dyes, preservatives, allergens. Ideal for allergy sufferers or people with increased sensitivity.
- The economy of the system - a standard volume of 360 ml is enough for 35 procedures.
- The service life of the eye lenses is significantly increased.
Disadvantages of the One Step peroxide system
- In the purification process, the complete neutralization of hydrogen peroxide is required.
- The cost of the system is higher than, for example, two-stage analogs.
- Uncomfortable to use in road conditions.
- It is not recommended for lenses with high hydrophilicity.
- Not suitable for long-term storage.