Peculiarities of pneumonia in pregnancy
Jul 06, 2018
Many of us do not attach much importance to the common cold or cough and try to cure it only folk remedies, while absolutely do not seek to get to the therapist. But these symptoms can mean the development of a serious illness. Inflammation of the lungs( pneumonia) is considered by therapists to be one of the most difficult complications of ARVI.If the pregnant woman has felt the first signs of the development of a cold, then you should immediately contact the therapist for the purpose of appropriate treatment.
Causes of the disease
is always seasonal in nature, because the peak of diseases occurs only in cold weather( autumn, winter).For the development of pneumonia, the main factor is severe hypothermia. Predisposed to the development of the disease most smoking people, but, unfortunately, so many pregnant women do not abandon this addiction.
Infection occurs always by airborne droplets with any, even insignificant, contact with sick people. The main obstacle to the development of infection are the upper respiratory tract. But with weakened immunity and severe pollution of the environment, the infectious process spreads very quickly. Most often, it develops bronchitis, but sometimes there is an infection of the lung tissue, and then pneumonia develops. This, however, is not the only, but the most common way for the development of the disease. Inflammation of the lungs occurs almost always as a complication of other diseases: laryngitis, SARS, bronchitis and so on.
During the development of the inflammatory process, a large number of toxins enter the bloodstream. Our lungs try to neutralize them, but if this does not work, then the body simply takes them out with a cough. If the disease develops heavily, then there is a possibility that the pulmonary filter simply can not cope with the load and the development of the inflammatory process will begin. It can be concluded that if a person at the first signs of the disease started treatment on its own, with the hope of self-healing, the probability of pneumonia will be 90%.
Risk factors for the development of pneumonia in pregnant women
Based on recent research by scientists, the risk factors include:
- III trimester of pregnancy;
- The age of the pregnant woman is 30 to 40 years;
- Chronic extragenital pathology, in particular anemia and foci of chronic infection;
- Untimely seek medical help.
Symptoms of pneumonia:
- Pneumonia, in most cases, develops gradually. The person's body temperature can reach 40-41 ° C, the general weakness of the body is observed, it chills, it suffers from a severe dry cough, headache and dyspnea appears. Sometimes when you cough, there is a lot of pain in the chest area. During a deep breath, a strong cough arises. All these symptoms are inherent in croupous pneumonia.
- Pneumonia develops as an ARVI.The patient suffers from a runny nose, temperature changes and a violent cough. The temperature constantly fluctuates, then goes to a decline, then rises again, but it never gets higher than 38.2 ° C.
Peculiarities of pneumonia during pregnancy
Against the background of the development of pregnancy, a strong decrease in immunity is observed, which leads to an increase in susceptibility to any viral infections. Scientists have established that the risk of pneumonia after any catarrhal disease in pregnant women is about 50%.
They, in addition, pneumonia develops much harder and more difficult because of the natural features for this period.
After all, from the first weeks there is a decrease in the respiratory surface of the lungs and a change in the entire respiratory system due to the secretion of progesterone. This change can also occur in non-pregnant women with prescription of progesterone or in the luteal phase of the cycle. In addition, during the course of pregnancy, oxygen consumption increases by approximately 35%.
The diaphragm, due to the fact that the uterus is enlarged and slightly raised, is high. Due to this, there is a restriction of respiratory movements of the lungs, which becomes a burden on the entire cardiovascular system. Diagnosis of pneumonia in pregnant women, if there is no increase in temperature, is quite difficult, due to pathological changes in the composition of the blood.
It is necessary not to engage in self-medication, but for any symptoms of this disease, immediately consult a therapist. The therapist will listen to the lungs for the presence of rales and prescribe a complete blood test, and in particularly controversial cases, if the pregnant woman has a period of more than 10-12 weeks, she will send for an X-ray examination.
Pneumonia is a treatable disease, so it is never a sign for abortion.
If the pneumonia began to develop in the pregnant woman shortly before the birth, then the gynecologists try to maximally delay the date of birth. After all, they are dangerous for a woman because of the impact of toxic-infectious factors on the cardiovascular system. In the case when a pronounced respiratory failure is diagnosed, the birth is conducted with the participation of a doctor's consultation and according to a plan approved personally for the mother. Only in this case it is possible to avoid various complications.
disease Pneumonia is treated only permanently. The therapist prescribes antibiotics, the way they are injected into the body and the dosage. To achieve the most rapid recovery and ease of the symptom prescribed drugs that contribute to the expansion of bronchi, a complex of vitamins and various expectorants. Pregnant recommended fresh air, peace and abundant drink, which helps to thin phlegm and remove it from the body. Only after consultation with the attending physician in the complex can be used folk remedies:
- For grinding and inhalation it is recommended to use fir oil.
- To reduce cough, especially at night, you can try to drink a glass of boiled milk with a teaspoon of butter.
- With wheezing in the lungs will help cope with tincture of berries of viburnum. Ingredients: 1 tablespoon of berries for a glass of boiled water, insist for about 2 hours in a warm place. Drink in warm form for 0, 3 cups 2-3 times a day.
- Various berry fruit drinks and warm tea with raspberries or honey are recommended.
- A wonderful product - a decoction of raisins. Composition: 0,5 glasses of the scrolled raisins are poured with a glass of boiling water. Insist for an hour and take 2-3 times a day.
It must be remembered that strict adherence to all prescriptions of the attending physician is required. After all, chaotic reception of prescribed antibiotics can be dangerous. This can lead to the development of dysbiosis, complete suppression of body immunity and various complications.
Treatment of the disease takes from 2 weeks up to a month. Any, even protracted course of the disease( more than 3 weeks), in most cases ends with the full recovery of the woman.
In order not to get sick in any way, it is recommended that a pregnant woman is not supercooled, avoiding places with a large population of people in the epidemic and in the II and III trimester get a flu shot. In addition, you should also try to quit smoking.