Patience is an important quality of every person. Where to "gain" patience and who needs it?
“Be patient, Cossack, - you will become an ataman!” They say in kindergarten.
“Patience and a little effort,” they learn in school.
Even if in childhood these words seem only memorized phrases, they are recorded in the subconscious and leave their imprint.
No wonder these proverbs are so tenacious, because patience is the quality of a person who has no equal. This is a valuable ability to control oneself, to control oneself in all situations. It is an excerpt and a wait. Self-control in negative conditions.
The word "patience" means the ability to calmly and discreetly expect any results or events. This quality helps to achieve success in all spheres of life.
Where does it apply and who needs it?
The ability to endure is useful where circumstances do not depend on the will and desire.It will save forces in an attempt to overcome obstacles and save from thoughtless actions. Who needs it?
- Parents. This group needs a lot of it. Raising the younger generation is not an easy task. Often there is a clash of interests, as a result of which quarrels, disputes and offenses may arise. Here adults are simply obliged to be patient. Firstly, because they are responsible for the child, and secondly, because they set an example of conducting a dialogue with their children. They want to raise patient children.
- Students. Different categories of students need patience in order to see the end of the lesson, finish the homework that they have begun, finish reading the book, finish the play, and much more to complete.
- Boss, chefs and the like. Patience is what will help the boss to explain the task to the end, listen to the subordinate and argue intelligently at meetings.
- Subordinate. It is necessary for the qualitative performance of tasks and assignments, communication with the boss, and with other employees in the office.
- Children. Patience is needed to wait for mom in kindergarten, finish eating porridge and draw a cactus.
Patience is an internal resource that everyone needs, regardless of social and property status, age or gender.
What causes impatience
They say impatience is the best way to lose time. And indeed it is. The lack of patience leads to the fact that the work started is not brought to the end and there is a need to start all over again each time. This applies to absolutely any business. If we talk about your own business, then abandoned halfway, it will also result in the loss of money.
Impatience can poison the life of someone for whom "the delay of death is like." These are mainly people who aim at an instant and unquestionable result, wanting quick returns from their activities.
Inability to tolerate spoils the relationship between people in all spheres of life, leading to divorce, dismissal, stress, illness, accidents. Impatient people are more likely to suffer from cardiovascular diseases and suffer from hypertension. Traffic jams on the roads, queues in stores, or raising children are becoming unhealthy.
Where to get it?
The Bible says: patience is a virtue.How to become virtuous? With age, wisdom usually comes. And one of the components of wisdom is patience.
Of course, the threshold of patience of each person depends on temperament. Someone already born with a developed ability to endure. And what to do to someone who has innate patience is not enough?
In order for life to find harmony, it is necessary to learn patience, to acquire it. There are a lot of recommendations on how to develop this quality in yourself.
Count to 10
This method mainly refers to the incarnation of patience, which is defined as endurance, self-control. Before losing patience and giving vent to feelings, you need to count to 10 in your mind. During these ten seconds, the initial emotions will give way to prudence or at least lose some of their ardor. Of course, especially impatient subjects feel very quickly. But still the first five seconds will help. Gradually, the score will become slower, and with each unit it will be easier to mobilize patience. An intelligent person will immediately feel the difference.
Time is very valuable. The patience of many people threatens to burst in those moments when you have to wait. Waiting seems like a waste of time and the reason why other things are not done.The more value a person gives to time, the more real is the probability of losing patience. It can infuriate one and lead the other to despair. In any of these cases, the quality of life deteriorates, the mood tends to zero, and hopes die.
But there is a way out. In order to wait does not become a test, you need to effectively fill the waiting time. So “waiting” will turn from a victim into a ruler over time. You can read a book in line, compose poetry during a long trip, do visualization, wait for a traffic jam to budge, or do physical exercises while walking with your child.