Mood swings pregnant: how to cope with emotions
During pregnancy, the emotional state of a woman changes a lot: she can feel frequent mood swings, longing, euphoria, she can feel hypersensitivity. Let's find out why this happens during pregnancy? How to cope with the emotions of the future mother while carrying the baby?
Why are mood swings happening?
We often hear that hormones are “to blame” for the unstable emotional state of a pregnant woman, but how exactly do they work?
During pregnancy, the endocrine glands secrete significantly more hormones than before. Some of them have a strong influence on the mood of a pregnant woman:
1. Adrenalineable to increase heart rate, which is why it can cause a feeling of nervousness and anxiety.
2. Endorphins- These are the hormones of happiness, which are responsible for a good mood.
3. Cortisol- It is a hormone that causes arousal, it acts on a pregnant woman, like doping on an athlete.
4. Estrogenalso causes agitation, it interacts with progesterone, which is able to have a calming effect on the body.
5. ProlactinIt is allocated to prepare a woman's body for breastfeeding. It interacts with dopamine, which provokes arousal.
Due to the fact that everything in our body works in the system, all hormones interact with each other, enhancing or neutralizing the action of each other. If in their ratio there is any disharmony, then this affects the psychological and emotional state of the woman.