Imperial Pavilion at a construction site
At the intersection of Leningradsky Prospect and Begovaya Street, surrounded on three sides by a continuous building of a huge residential complex, there is a miniature house resembling an Old Russian tower. It has been preserved since the end of the 19th century due to the fact that almost the entire past century was located on the territory of the Young Pioneers stadium that had already been destroyed.
And before that, the 15th All-Russian Art and Industrial Exhibition of 1882 was held at this place. It opened on May 20, five days after the coronation of Alexander III. For the sake of the expected highest visit on the project of the main architects of the exhibition A.S. Kaminsky and A.E. Weber at the exhibition site was built Imperial Pavilion - a small but very beautiful stone building in the Russian style.
After that, other exhibitions, such as the 1885 Handicraft Exhibition, were held at the Khodynka Exhibition Center.
The exhibition of 1882 was notable for its unprecedented scale - it occupied a territory of 30 hectares and consisted of about 80 various structures.It presented the most significant achievements of the Russian Empire.
The All-Russian Artistic and Industrial Exhibition of 1882 in Moscow at the Khodynka Field. Lithography. A photo
Despite the grandeur and large scale of the exhibition, only the Imperial Pavilion was designed as a capital exemplary design, designed to show everyone the sovereign power of Russia. All other buildings were collapsible structures. The central pavilion, for example, was dismantled almost immediately and was later used in Nizhny Novgorod at the next All-Russian exhibition.
1. The Imperial Pavilion is the only building of a grand exhibition ensemble that has survived to the present day. The building of the pavilion in the style of the old Russian Terem seems to be composed of several independent volumes, each of which has an original completion. The entrance to the building is made in the form of a stylized porch with a high hipped roof.
Pavilion was erected literally in one year. That's how it looked in 1882.
All rooms - the emperor's and empress's chambers, study, dining room, living room,were decorated with exquisite stucco and wood carvings.
2. The Imperial Pavilion marked the beginning of the wide distribution of this style in architecture. After all, it was in the image and likeness of this pavilion that GUM and the Trading Rows were built on Red Square a bit later.
3. The facades of the pavilion are decorated using elements of ancient Russian architecture - window frames, semi-columns, niche-pants, and richly decorated with polychrome tiles, which gives the whole building an elegant and festive look.
4. The Imperial Pavilion has reached its present day unchanged, the characteristic decoration of the facades and the rich decoration of the interior have been fully preserved.
5. Now, in the windows of the former Imperial Pavilion, only huge buildings approaching from all sides are reflected.
19. At the present time, as usual, the Imperial Pavilion is renting a restaurant.
They say that they preserved the original interiors as much as possible ... If possible and desired, this can be checked.
Taken:unique templates and modules for dle
Exhibition in Kronstadt
From February 22 at the Museum of the History of Kronstadt (Anchor Square, 2a, lit.A, Exhibition Hall) is a photo exhibition "Crimea Today." The main goal of the exhibition is to show modern
The environs of Leningradka and Begovoy. 1930s
Photo 1934 Leningradka near All Saints (Falcon). Here and below are pictures from the archive of V. V. Samarin. Road works on the Leningrad highway (now avenue),
Exhibition of Thomas Kübler in Spain
American sculptor Scott Thomas Kübler (Thom Kuebler) became famous for his extraordinary creations. The maestro creates huge monsters, witches and other freaks.
The exhibition "Energy of Dreams" in the Historical Museum (03/11/2017 - 02/28/2018)
That weekend came the energy of dreams. On the 100th anniversary of the Great Russian Revolution (museum site) on November 3, 2017 the Historical Museum will open the main exhibition project of the year
Exhibition of naked children: veterans of the Great Patriotic War - for free!
In Moscow - to the delight of pedophiles - the exhibition of the American photographer Jock Sturges opened again.