How to reduce fuel consumption?
The fact is that each carburetor passescontrol the characteristics of the fuel transfer with the help of special vacuum non-moving units. However, to avoid a "takeoff" in 16% is not possible - an absolute match of characteristics is too expensive for the manufacturer. But in the process of operation it is possible to adjust the metering systems individually and in most cases to minimize the fuel consumption. So, how to reduce fuel consumption?
We adjust the carburetor as follows:
- Lunch adjustment of the dosing main system of the carburetor chamber.
- Adjust idling, its system
- Let's check the carburetor at high speed when the secondary chamber is open.
We impoverish the adjustment of the dosingsystem, increasing the cross section of the jet. Usually it is enough to raise the cross section of the air jet of devices 2105 from 1.7 to 1.9 mm, from carburettors 2107 from 1.5 to 1.7 mm. Now if at smooth acceleration of the car from 60 km / h with a flap of the primary chamber there is a noticeable two-three-second delay of increasing the frequency of the crankshaft rotation, then install an air jet with a smaller (0.05 or 0.1 mm) cross section. In this case, do not pay attention to jerks and dips in the smooth beginning of the movement and its driving at low gears at low speed.
Idle speed adjustment
- When the adjustment of the dispensing system is selected,you can adjust the idling system. Now the main task is to provide the most lean composition of the mixture at both the lowest speed of rotation and the transient mode (the throttle edge near the vias through which fuel flows).
- Using the measures described above, it is possible with accuracyTo carry out adjustment on the move by idle, having only a tachometre. Further, the adjustment of the stroke system consists in selecting the setting of the trimmer screw. He determines the composition of the mixture in a transient mode. Remove the plug with a metal crochet. To do this, drill a through hole in its edge with a drill of 2-3 mm.
- First, the transition mode is adjusted at idlerunning when the engine is running without load. To do this, gently and slowly open the flapper of the primary chamber. Follow the tachometer for changes in the crankshaft rotation. Uniform increase in engine speed during the opening of the damper indicates that there is no overtaking of the mixture composition in the transitional regime. If the speed does not increase any more, the mode adjustment is "over-served". This method of estimating the mixture and its composition does not allow for a transitional regime to detect re-enrichment of the mixture by one character of the change in the rotational speed of the shaft. So the adjustment of the transitional regime is "impoverished" consistently, in several ways, and then, at a minimum, "enriched" until the failure is eliminated.
- After each rotation of the tuning screw,to restore the screw the quality of the original rotation speed, returning to the previously selected adjustment of the mixture composition on the fly by idling. Here's how to reduce fuel consumption.
Checking the carburetor
Now the transient mode is checkedcarburetor under load. For this, they smoothly move from place to place and move with a small speed in each gear. If no pronounced engine failures and jerks are detected, the idling system is considered to be adjusted. With paint or glue fix the tuning screw, which without any need in the process of operation is no longer touched.
If in any of the modes of operation of the engine withminimally open throttle valves seen bad driving qualities of the car, you need to adjust the position of the trimmer, turning it to the smallest number of revolutions only until the disappearances of the dips. When doing this, be sure to adjust the screw quality position each time.
Now you know how to reduce fuel consumption. The carburetor will not suffer.