How to fly to Sri Lanka?
In recent years, the inhabitants of our country have increasingly begun to travel to exotic countries in search of inspiration and new impressions. One of the most popular tourist destinations is Sri Lanka - a distinctive state located on a relatively small island in the Indian Ocean. Here come as lovers of resort recreation, and fans of mountain tourism. There are many here who are interested in Buddhism. As well as those who come to see the local sights and want to get acquainted with the life of the local population. You can get there only by plane. About how much to fly to Sri Lanka, we will tell in this article.
At the moment, you can fly from Moscow to Colombo by direct flight only on Transaero's flights weekly, on Tuesdays. Flight number UN 9541, travel time is 8 h 30 min. Departure is at 21:25 from Domodedovo, arrival at 08:30 in Bandaranaike - the only airport in Sri Lanka, in Colombo.
If such time and departure dates do not suit you, you can choose one of the many flights with transfers. The fastest flights to Sri Lanka are Etihad and Quatar. The flight duration is 10 h 45 min. In both cases, you will need to make one transfer at Doha Airport (Qatar). However, this flight is the most expensive.
Also, with one transfer you can fly twice cheaper. However, the flight time will increase by more than 2 times and will be at least 22 hours.
From other cities
From other large Russian cities you can also fly to Sri Lanka, but only with transfers:
- From St. Petersburg, the fastest flight to Sri Lanka by Emirates will take 13 hours and 25 minutes. Transfer in Dubai.
- From Kaliningrad: it will be necessary to make at least 2 transplants. Flight time - from 14 h 40 min to 19 h 30 min.
- From Vladivostok, you can fly with 1 change in Hong Kong or Seoul. The minimum duration of such a flight is 15 hours and 25 minutes.
- From Kazan you can fly in 12 hours and 15 minutes with 1 change in Dubai.
- From Rostov-on-Don in 14 hours and 5 minutes with one change, in 19 hours and 55 minutes with two.