How to deal with cabbage pests folk remedies?
Not one gardener can leave his plot without such a wonderful vegetable as cabbage. But it is not only people who like to eat it, but also insect pests, the prolonged exposure of which can lead to the death of the root crop. How to deal with cabbage pests, so that no one else would claim this source of vitamin C, and your work on planting and caring for him would not be in vain? In this article we will answer this question. From this material you will learn how to deal with cabbage pests folk remedies. Such methods against cabbage "tenants" are the most acceptable in the fight against pests. Because one way or another chemicals contain poisons that are dangerous to human health.
What pests are most dangerous for cabbage?
- Crucified bedbug.
- Cruciferous flea.
- Awl cabbage.
- Scoop cabbage.
- Cabbage leaf beetle
- Cabbage fly.
- Snails and slugs.
- Whitecap cabbage.
- Dark clicker.
Preventing cabbage pests
Before you deal with cabbage pests active methods, you should take preventive measures. These include:
- planting not far from cabbage plants, which insect-foes cannot tolerate;
- planting next to a vegetable crop of certain varieties of flowers that attract bees, various bugs, which either scare cabbage pests or eat them.
Want to know how to deal with pests of cabbage in the open field and not to promote their mass appearance? Here is another tip: you should avoid land planted with only one single crop.
Bedbugs are one of the most common pests of cabbage. They overwinter on weeds, in vegetable gardens, where the vegetation is not fully removed after harvest. In late spring, the insect activates its activity and absorbs weeds, which belong to the genus of crucifers. Already in June, females lay eggs, from which larvae form, and already from the larvae only one month later, adult bugs appear. For cabbage and dangerous larvae, and mature insects.They damage the integrity of the leaves, cause mechanical damage, suck the juice.
For the complete destruction of the insect often use chemotherapy "Phosbecid" or "Aktellik". However, before dealing with cabbage pests with such means, it is possible at home and mass-free prevention of the occurrence of bedbugs. To do this, it is enough to keep the land clean, regularly ridding it of various weeds.
There are several types of cruciferous flea: some have a dark blue or green underwing, others are striped.
It feeds on weeds, so in order to avoid mass attacks, we should get rid of cabbage weeds (colza, shepherd's bag, field flowers, borage, sverbigi and others).
If flea nevertheless appeared, then how to deal with cabbage pests with folk remedies will prompt recipes of special tinctures and solutions:
- Tincture of garlic and potato tops. Ingredients: garlic - 1 cup, potato tops - 1 cup, water - 10 liters, liquid soap - 50 ml. Method of preparation: Chop garlic and tops, pour into a large saucepan and pour a bucket of liquid. Let stand for 2-3 hours. Strain. Add liquid soap.
- Infusion of celandine.Ingredients: herb celandine - 3-4 kg, water - 10 liters. Preparation method: chop the celandine and add water. Let it stand for a day.
- Infusion of chamomile. Ingredients: camomile pharmacy - 1 kg, water - 10 liters. Method of preparation: chop the chamomile and add water. Let it brew for 12 hours.
- Infusion of garlic. Ingredients: garlic - 50 grams, water - 10 liters. Cooking method: peel and chop the garlic. To fill with water. Let it stand for a day.
The appearance of cabbage aphids is an alarm bell, as this pest is one of the most dangerous for the vegetable in question. Under the influence of aphids, the plant stops its development, and its future life does not exist in principle. Cabbage leaves take a twisted shape in the shape of a dome. At a breathtaking pace, aphid expands under warm weather conditions.
How to deal with pests of Peking cabbage and all its other species (after all, aphid can damage all varieties of culture) by folk methods? Wood ash will help. To do this, you need to make a tincture of wood ash, tobacco and mustard, which should be sprayed on the lower side of the cabbage leaf and the place where aphids accumulate the most.
Ingredients: wood ash - 250 grams, tobacco dust - 250 grams, mustard powder - 1 tbsp. l., liquid soap - 1 tbsp. l., water - 10 liters. Preparation: take a bucket of water, add ashes, tobacco, mustard and liquid soap. Mix. Infuse for 24 hours. Strain.
You do not already know how to deal with cabbage pests in natural ways, because a lot of them were used and not one of them completely banished cabbage pests? Then try to take it with cunning. For example, place glue traps between plants, open the water and take the hose, then direct it to the aphids and wash it away.
It is a nocturnal butterfly, which manifests its harmful properties at the caterpillar development stage. Color scoops cabbage green, on the sides - stripes of yellow. The length of this insect is 5 cm.
How to deal with pests of cauliflower, Savoy and white cabbage, namely these varieties of it can be damaged by a cabbage scoop, suggest the following popular recipes:
- Red Pepper Infusion Ingredients: fresh hot pepper (you can replace 0.5 kg of dry red pepper) - 1 kg, water - 10 liters.Preparation: add pepper to the water and put on a slow fire. Boil for 60 minutes. Let it stand for a day. To make the solution for spraying, you need to take 125 grams of concentrate per bucket of water + 40 grams of laundry soap.
- Mustard solution. Ingredients: dry mustard powder - 10 grams, water - 1 liter. Method of preparation: mix mustard with water and leave for two days. Strain. Before treating the plants, bring the solution with a volume of 200 ml to 1 liter.
Cabbage leaf beetle
The leaf beetle is a small, dark green beetle that is egg-shaped. Its length can reach 4.5 mm. It is possible to display leaf beetles in the same way as fighting a cabbage pest called cruciferous flea.
It starts flying from mid-May and torments the plants until the end of June. The fly lays eggs on the stalk of the cabbage, and in a week the full-fledged larvae of this insect ripen. They feed on the root of the vegetable crop, which in most cases causes the death of the plant.
To find out how to deal with cabbage pests, we again turn to folk methods.
The first recipe is the ash-and-tobacco mixture.Ingredients: wood ash - 100 grams, tobacco dust - 100 grams, ground pepper (either red or black) - 1 tsp. Method of preparation: take ashes, add pepper to it and mix thoroughly. When the dry mixture becomes homogeneous, pollinate the roots.
Snails and slugs
They belong to the polymorphic pests that harm not only the above-ground part of the plant, but also its root system. A mixture of ash and mustard will help destroy them.
Ingredients: wood ash - 1 liter, table salt - 2 tbsp. L., ground pepper - 2 tbsp. l., mustard powder - 2 tbsp. l Method of preparation: mix all the ingredients in the order in which they are listed above.
The second name is cabbage soup. It is a pest butterfly with white wings, slightly sprinkled with black.
Caterpillar cabbage has a green color, and its distinguishing feature are three bands, two of which are located on the sides, and one - along the body. From cabbage leaves such an insect leaves only the skeleton.
The following recipes will help to cope with the pest:
- Mustard solution. Ingredients: dry mustard powder - 10 grams, water - 1 liter.Method of preparation: mix mustard with water and leave for two days. Strain. Before treating the plants, bring the solution with a volume of 200 ml to 1 liter.
- Wood ash solution. Ingredients: wood ash - 2 glasses, liquid soap - 1 tbsp. l Preparation: Mix all ingredients and sprinkle cabbage leaves.
It should be noted that with the mass appearance of the moth, only chemical preparations can help and save your garden.
Advice: so that the cabbage tree doesn’t open its mouth on your cabbage, plant a few bushes of tomato or eggplants next to it. Be sure that the pest will not like it.
The second name is wire. This is a foe not only of cabbage, but also of a number of other vegetables, including potatoes, carrots, lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and celery. Nutcracker larvae dine part of the plant, which is located underground.
The beetle itself is brown-black in color, with red-brown elytra. The length of the insect can reach 1 cm. The population of these pests negates liming, the use of ammonia and potash fertilizers. Traps are also actively used in the fight against wireworms.
How to deal with cabbage pests by folk methods? Wire mesh trap
To lure a click into a trap, you need:
- Make pits of small size.
- Put in the grooves of the grass, almost completely rotted, hay, slices of potatoes.
- Bury the pits, noting their location (for example, put a peg near).
- Dig holes in 4–5 days and destroy the worms who believed in their miracle find.
Make such traps in early May.
Wireworm and Barley
It is possible to get rid of the nutcracker by planting barley. To do this, somewhere around 15–17 days before the planned planting of a vegetable crop, plant the land with barley, making nests every 60–70 cm.
How to deal with cabbage pests at homeand it is up to you to decide which particular folk remedy to use. The possibility of alternating several home-made products is not excluded, if after the first treatment the desired result was not achieved - the complete destruction of the cabbage pest.