How to connect iPhone 4?
The iPhone 4 is a touchscreen smartphone that Apple Inc. has developed. It belongs to the fourth generation of the iPhone and is considered the successor of the iPhone 3GS. Consider how to connect iPhone 4 to a computer. This may be necessary when necessary:
- upload photos, music, books or videos to your iPhone;
- transfer contacts, notes;
- restore or update iOS;
- create backup copies of data in iTunes and iCloud.
If you are interested in the technical characteristics of the iPhone 4, read our article What good is the iPhone 4.
How to connect iPhone 4: instructions
- You can connect iPhone 4 to your computer using the USB cable that comes with your mobile device. To connect iPhone 4 to a PC, connect one end of the USB cable to the iPhone, and plug the other into the USB port of the computer.
- Remember, in order to transfer data to a computer as quickly and correctly as possible, the USB port must be 2.0 standard. But in any case, you will not make a mistake, because the USB-connector will not enter into any other port, except the USB-port.
- It must also be taken into account that not every connector can support such a connection.For example, when using USB 1.0 on a computer, the following message often appears: "This device may work faster." And when you establish a connection between the computer and the iPhone may have problems. First, check to see if the cable is damaged. Try using a different connector or swap the USB cable.
- After you have connected your iPhone 4 to your PC, go to the “Start” menu -> “My Computer”. You will see an iPhone icon. If the optional software is not installed, the iPhone will be displayed as a digital camera in the hard disk menu.
- To enter the device’s memory, right-click on the iPhone icon and select the “Open” command.
- To sync your iPhone with your computer, you need to install iTunes. You can download it on the site.
Thus, connecting iPhone 4 to a computer using a USB cable allows you to synchronize data with a PC, download music files, photos, videos, delete or install applications.
More information about connecting the iPhone to a computer can be found in our article How to connect the iPhone to the computer.
The new version of iTunes 10.5 has the ability to connect iPhone 4 to a computer wirelessly.At the same time, the iPhone and the computer must be connected to the same network. You can create a Wi-Fi network in two ways:
- using a Wi-Fi computer module.
- using a Wi-Fi router (wireless router).
In order to connect your iPhone 4 to your PC via a wireless Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:
- We connect iPhone 4 to the power supply.
- We connect the PC and iPhone 4 to the same wireless Wi-Fi network.
- Run iTunes.
- In iTunes, in the Devices menu, select your iPhone model.
- In the menu of iPhone 4, select “Settings” -> “General” -> “Sync with iTunes via Wi-Fi” -> “Sync”.
- Wait for the synchronization process to complete.
Now you know how to connect iPhone 4 to a computer.