How to call the command line?
If you are an active PC user, then, tryingto solve this or that problem, you, for certain, faced the recommendation of type - "Open a command line and ...". But what exactly is this command line, and how to call it on different systems?
What is the command line?
The command line is a special program,which allows direct communication between the user and the operating system. The command line interface is very simple, not to say primitive - it's just a black screen, the top of which contains some information about the system, and below, the user can write one or the other team.
How to invoke the command line: Windows XP and Windows 7
Through the command "Execute"
- Click the Start menu.
- Press the "Run" button
- In the appeared window write "cmd" and press "OK".
Using the "Start" menu
- Open the "Start" menu, then click "All Programs".
- Select the "Standard" section.
- In the "Standard" section, click "Command Prompt". Done!
- Press the Win + R key combination.
- In the window that appears, specify "cmd", click OK.
By Total Commander
- Open the program Total Commander.
- At the bottom of the main program window there is a line in which the user can enter data, enter "cmd" into it and press Enter.
How to invoke the command line: Windows 8
In Windows 8, you can call the command line using the Win + R key combination, as well as the following:
- Right-click on an empty spot on the desktop - an additional panel will appear, one of the elements of which will be the "All applications" section, click on it.
- In the window that appears, find the "Command line" item and click on it with the left mouse button.
Also in Windows 8 you can work with the command line through Total Commander.