Headache every day. Causes, treatment
A person can get used to many things: to constant workload at work, domestic troubles, lack of understanding of relatives and even small ailments. But the headache is hardly noticeable. Especially to put up with her or try to forget about her. Especially if the head hurts every day. Sometimes discomfort comes by itself. In some cases, it is accompanied by nausea, dizziness, confusion. Analgesics can dull the pain. But after a while, the discomfort comes back again, leaving no opportunity to work and live normally.
How to start?
Unfortunately, most patients who have a headache every day resort to the most incorrect tactics. They are self-healing. Without a prescription and examination use anesthetic drugs. This is completely unacceptable for the following reasons:
- Such therapy is completely ineffective. After all, relief from various types of headaches will bring different techniques and drugs.
- Medicines relieving this discomfort have many side effects.The drug, which is used quite often, can cause serious harm to the body. The consequences of such unjustified decisions can be very difficult.
- To protect yourself from a sudden headache, you need to understand the cause of discomfort. And you need to fight not with symptoms, but with the disease.
Therefore, treatment should begin with the question: “Why does the head ache?” And to answer it, you need to visit a doctor. He will send the patient for examination. Indeed, under this symptomatology, spinal diseases, inflammatory processes affecting the meninges, malignant neoplasms, pathologies affecting the vessels of the head and the circulatory system can be hidden.
Causes of pain
Doctors identify several sources that in most cases provoke a headache:
- nervous tension, constant stress;
- strong physical exertion;
- pathologies of cerebral vessels (the reason provoking a headache in the meteo-sensitive population);
- low or high pressure;
- pancreatic and renal pathologies;
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine;
- ENT diseases;
- intoxication and poisoning of the body;
- cranial injuries;
- hormonal changes (pregnancy).
Consider the most common reasons why a headache.
This is a primary headache, therefore, it is a disease.
The characteristic symptoms of pathology are:
- headache every day for several days;
- seizures may be repeated monthly;
- discomfort is pulsating;
- the pain manifests itself in one half, but it can cover the whole head;
- often discomfort occurs in the morning;
- vomiting is sometimes observed;
- the patient does not tolerate noise and light.
Until today, doctors have not figured out what provokes the occurrence of migraine. There is an assumption that the pathology develops as a result of hormonal disruptions, stress, diets, insomnia, bright light, smell, or a hereditary factor.
Unfortunately, in the modern world this is a fairly common cause of discomfort. It can be based on emotional or muscular tension. And as a result - my head hurts every day. Emotional stress provoke strong excitement, stress, depression. Muscle discomfort includes excessive overloading of the neck tissues.
As a rule, a person experiences a severe headache for several hours. She is oppressive, stupid and in most cases covers the whole head. Sometimes short-term discomfort, but often occurs.
With this pathology, the back of the head often hurts. Sometimes this is the only complaint the patient has. This is a secondary pain, as it appears as a result of the disease.
Squeezing and swelling of the spinal nerves provoke unpleasant discomfort, which is often found in the back of the head. However, some patients have a headache in their temples. The characteristic symptoms of this disease:
- constant headache;
- the attack can be observed up to 10 hours;
- sudden movements increase discomfort;
- the presence of nausea;
- vomiting does not bring relief;
- insignificant increase in temperature;
- discomfort is on the rise.
Sometimes as a result of osteochondrosis, diencephalic syndrome may develop. In some parts of the brain blood circulation is impaired. The patient rises pressure, increases sweating, turns pale skin.
This pathology is almost always associated with the fact that the patient has a headache. The pressure rises and provokes similar unpleasant symptoms. It should be noted that neglected hypertension is fraught with serious consequences: stroke, vascular dementia.
As soon as the pressure returns to normal, the headache immediately passes. But sometimes the discomfort lasts for several days even with stable pressure.
In some cases, pain is provoked by adrenal tumors. The patient has:
- high blood pressure;
- bouts of nausea;
- finger tremor
The patient needs to check the functioning of the endocrine system, since the treatment of hypertension will not reduce high blood pressure.
Such violations quite easily provoke a headache. At the same time, both high and low pressure can be the basis. Without a doctor it is extremely difficult to determine this pathology.
Unfortunately, in most cases the patient drinks analgesics because he has a headache. The causes of the violation of pressure can be very serious - it is a brain tumor, intracranial hematomas.In this case, it is important to pay attention to the symptoms that accompany the headache:
- the presence of dizziness;
- intermittent vomiting.
Intracranial pressure changes not only as a result of serious pathologies. Quite often, the increase is diagnosed in obese people.
Such pathology signals itself with the following symptoms:
- the back of the head hurts, sometimes there is discomfort in the temples and forehead;
- a change in the weather causes the situation to worsen;
- after overwork, stress, the patient experiences more discomfort.
Pain caused by atherosclerosis
High cholesterol often leads to the development of a serious pathology. Atherosclerotic plaques form in the brain vessels. They narrow the lumen of the arteries and veins. Blood flow is not able to circulate freely. The brain begins to experience nutrient and oxygen deficiencies. As a result of atherosclerosis, a constant headache appears.
Concomitant symptoms can be considered:
- decrease in working capacity;
- memory impairment.
With atherosclerosis, the patient complains that he has a headache in the temples, frontal or occipital. Doctors ascertain that discomfort can appear in any area.
Eliminate unpleasant symptoms will only fight with atherosclerosis.
What if a headache?
There are many methods of therapy. However, the choice of treatment depends entirely on the cause of the discomfort.
Pharmacologists have provided many drugs that can eliminate headaches. Among them, quite well-known drugs have proven themselves:
More powerful medicines have been developed:
For migraines, triptans help most patients. Unpleasant symptoms in some patients eliminates the drug "Mig."
However, do not rush at the slightest occurrence of discomfort to take pills. After all, they all have a negative impact on the internal organs. In addition, some drugs can cause addiction. Consequently, in order to eliminate discomfort, you will have to gradually increase the dose.
But what if you have a headache? For low intensity discomfort, you can use the following tips:
- take a shower (hot);
- in a well-ventilated quiet room, lie down briefly;
- put a cold compress on the area causing discomfort;
- wipe your head with vinegar;
- make a head massage;
- drink strong tea.
It is completely unacceptable smoking and alcohol. This will significantly aggravate the situation.
If pain occurs often enough and lasts a long time, you should contact a neurologist. Only he will be able to choose the right therapy for you after the examination.
Take care of your health!