Athletic belt - advice on choosing
Athletic belt is an important element of equipment of a serious athlete. Such devices are often used in bodybuilding, weightlifting and powerlifting. Use these belts to protect the back muscles when working with an impressive weight. Let's see how to choose an athletic belt, consider issues relating to its operation.
Wearing an athletic belt, the athlete reliably fixes intervertebral discs due to the effective distribution of intra-abdominal pressure. When performing approaches to sports equipment, abdominal muscles are activated. The latter, in the presence of a belt, create a reliable support for exerting an optimal load on the back.
How correct is to constantly use an athletic belt? Reviews of professional athletes show that with this, the oblique and transverse abdominal muscles become noticeably weaker over time. Therefore, the use of a belt during each workout is not recommended.
For an amateur athlete, a belt can do more harm than good. To avoid problems in the future, as you use the belt is to train the muscles of the back and abs. Also, you should not chase for high results, adding a few pancakes to the bar from workout to workout.
The following types of belts for weightlifters are distinguished:
- Bodybuilding belt - different uneven width throughout the length. The wide part is applied in the back, narrow - fastened in front. This design provides reliable support to the spine and does not create obstacles to the movement of the body.
- Athletic belt for powerlifting - equally wide along the entire length. It is the optimal solution for performing a straight-back thrust.
Athletic belt - sizes
The eternal problem for weightlifters is the selection of the optimal belt length. Waist volumes of a professional athlete can change quite dramatically in one direction or another throughout the year. On top of this, the complexity is created by a variety of belt sizes from various manufacturers.
In order not to be mistaken with the parameters, it is necessary to try on such equipment before purchase. If this possibility does not exist, for example, in the case of purchasing an athletic belt on the Internet, it is recommended to measure yourself at the waist once again.
A belt that will be used for serious, regular training should have a high tensile strength. Therefore, it is desirable to give preference to products made of genuine leather or reliable synthetic materials.
A certain role is played by the purpose of acquiring a belt. Amateur athletes who work with low weight will be quite enough cloth belt with Velcro fasteners. Thanks to the pliable structure, such a belt will be much more convenient.
Before buying a belt, it is extremely important to ensure that the fixing elements are highly reliable. It is advisable to give preference to metal fasteners of impressive width. Otherwise, the belt may warp during training. Not the last role is played by the ability of fasteners to withstand impressive pressure.
In what cases can not do without a belt?
When using a fixing belt looks the most rational:
- The athletic belt is indispensable for athletes who have certain health problems, in particular, constantly suffer from back injuries.
- Exercising without a belt is difficult for bodybuilders whose goal is to quickly build muscle through working with the highest possible weight.
- A prerequisite for the use of a belt looks for weightlifters that have resorted to the use of such equipment for a long time. In this case, you should gradually abandon the belt, focusing on training with shells of lower weight.
So, the athletic belt, above all, must be of high quality workmanship, meet the requirements that are attached to it by an athlete. The reliability of equipment depends on the service life, practicality, as well as the sensations that an athlete will experience during training.