8 delicious recipes for marinating pork kebabs
Perhaps few in the world there are people who do not like kebabs. For Russians, this dish is a “business card” of recreation spent in nature. For many compatriots, “go to kebabs” is associated with outdoor activities with the family. In this article, we will present a few recipes on how to pickle pork kebab, and share some proven recipes.
Tips for choosing pork for kebabs
The most important secret of choice is that the meat should be fresh, smooth, elastic, without any secretions of blood or mucus. Its color on the cut is hot pink, the surface is slightly moist, not sticky, and the juice is clear. By pressing a finger on a piece, you should feel that the meat is dense, and the hole, which is obtained by pressing, disappears in a matter of seconds. In a stale product, the hole may not even out at all or disappear for a long time.
There are other rules of choice.
- A pig carcass is good, because from many of its parts a tasty, soft and juicy dish is obtained, therefore it is better to choose it. We just need to learn how to marinate pork skewers.
- In a stale product, the fat layers are matte and sticky, have a gray-yellow hue, mucus impurities are observed.
- The darker the pieces, the greater the age of the animal. You can check it by tearing a thin piece with your hands: if the pig is young, it is easy to do.
- If there is a choice: to buy chilled or frozen pork, stop your choice on the first option, the taste will be better.
- Frozen meat can be taken if it was not frozen again. When you touch the pork, you will see a dark spot, and re-frozen will not change its color. Fresh meat will not leave a wet mark when pressed, the juice will be released on the defrosted.
- To cook the pork kebab, take the neck - the soft part of the carcass around the neck along the ridge with evenly distributed streaks of fat. You can choose a tenderloin, ribs, brisket or a piece along the ridge (by removing the bacon before cooking).
- Meat from the back of the carcass is not recommended for cooking kebab, it will be dry and tough.
You need to learn how to marinate the pork, what kind of dishes it is better to do, and you can start cooking shish kebab.
What kind of dish is better to pickle meat?
By choosing the right container for pickling kebab, you guarantee that its taste will not deteriorate, and the useful properties after cooking will not decrease.
- It is better to choose dishes for marinating kebabs from clay, glass, ceramics or enameled.
- You should not use a wooden container, because in the process of marinating the wood produces tannins, which change the taste of the dish.
- An aluminum, iron and cast iron pan is also not suitable due to the fact that the metal oxidizes products, it can cause poisoning.
- Plastic container is also not suitable: the meat can be fed with harmful substances that plastic emits.
- For convenience, it is recommended to take a deep container.
- The capacity is better to close, so that the meat is better marinated. You can take a saucepan with a lid so that no bacteria can enter.
- The juice of lemon, orange, vinegar and wine contains acids, and therefore it is better to choose a chemically resistant container for pickling so that it does not oxidize.
- If the enamel pan has chips or cracks, the product may have an unpleasant taste of metal.
- In the glass container, you can see which pieces were marinated, which are not, you can mix the meat and make sure that the marinade covers it evenly.
Popular marinade recipes
Want to learn how to quickly pickle pork skewers? We will give a few recipes for you to complete the task in minutes.
The dish prepared according to this recipe will be more tasty if you take good vinegar (preferably homemade).
- one and a half kilograms of meat;
- 4 tablespoons of 9% vinegar;
- 1 teaspoon sugar;
- 3 large onions;
- salt and pepper.
Meat should be cleaned from the film, cut into pieces of medium size and rub them with salt and pepper, mix thoroughly. Then you need to peel the onion, chop it into rings, pour it into a container of meat. Dilute vinegar with water, add sugar. Then you need to mix all the ingredients, put under the yoke, cover with a lid, put away on the top shelf of the refrigerator.
With lemon juice
- 1.5 kg of meat;
- 1 lemon;
- 3 onions;
- salt, pepper, nutmeg;
Squeeze the juice from lemon into a glass, add about 80 grams of water. Put a layer of meat in a bowl, salt and pepper and sprinkle with nutmeg, add other favorite spices. Cut the onions into rings, sprinkle the meat on them, sprinkle them with lemon juice.Lay out a layer of meat, again spices and onions, continue this several times until the product is finished. Cover with a lid, put the container in the refrigerator overnight.
- 1 kg of pork;
- 300 ml of mayonnaise;
- 4 onions (large);
- salt pepper.
Cut the meat into pieces, salt, pepper, mix and leave for 15 minutes. stand so that it is soaked. Water with mayonnaise, mixing and smearing the pieces one by one. The volume of the sauce should not cover the meat, it just has to envelop the pieces.
Peel the onion from the peel, chop it into rings. Part of it is better to mix with meat in a bowl, put the second on top and press down with a lid, and then refrigerate.
- 1.5 kg of meat;
- 3 onions;
- 3-5 cloves of garlic;
- a teaspoon of salt;
- half a cup of cream (33% fat);
- red and black ground pepper, coriander.
Peel the onion, wash it and cut into half rings. Peel the garlic, finely chop with a knife.Drain the cream with warm water (40 ° C). Place the onions and garlic in a bowl, crush carefully, add salt, pepper, spices and diluted cream. Mix everything thoroughly (you can heat the marinade, but do not bring it to a boil) and leave for half an hour. Place the chopped meat in the marinade.
- 2 kg of pork (neck part);
- a pound of tomatoes;
- kilogram of onions;
- liter of tomato juice;
- black and red pepper (ground), paprika, coriander, cumin, marjoram and basil;
- tablespoon of vinegar;
- half a teaspoon of sugar;
Wash the meat, put it on a paper towel, dry it and cut into 4 x 4 centimeters. Tomatoes cut into rings. Peel the onions, wash, chop one part into large rings, chop the other into a blender.
Add sugar, vinegar, spices to the gruel of onion, pour tomato juice, mix. Put meat, tomatoes, onion in layers in a pan, again meat, tomatoes, onions, pour marinade for shish kebab, leave to marinate in a fridge for 2-3 hours.
Salt the meat and immediately strung on skewers with onions and tomatoes.If tomato juice is salted, be careful with salt.
With mineral water
- 3 kg of pork (neck);
- liter of mineral water;
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil;
- 1 kilogram of onions;
- salt, spices - to taste.
Wash the meat, dry it, cut the film, cut it into pieces, put it in the pan. Cut the onion for marinade, mix it with meat, salt, pepper. All pour mineral water to pieces of meat completely covered with marinade, put the kebab in the refrigerator for 12-15 hours.
- 1 kg of meat:
- 300 milliliters of dry red wine;
- 4 onions;
- half a lemon;
- 5 black peppercorns;
- Red pepper;
- dill (floor beam);
Thaw and wash the meat, after the water has drained, cut out all the veins and fat. Cut it into pieces of approximately 5 × 5 centimeters, slightly repel. Peel 3 onions, cut them into rings. Cut 1 more onions as for frying. Remove from the red pepper center with seeds, cut the flesh into large pieces. Cut the dill, sprinkle half the greens in a bowl in order to sprinkle them with the prepared skewers.
Put meat and chopped onion in a deep container, mix for 3-4 minutes until it is soaked. Pour 50 ml of wine and juice of 1/2 lemon, again mix everything for 2-3 minutes.Lay the pieces of meat in a saucepan, each layer sprinkled with dill, red pepper, adding peas of black pepper and salt.
Pour the meat with a glass of wine, place the onion rings on top. Tighten the neck of the container with a food film, put the meat in the refrigerator for 6 hours. Put meat on the skewer, alternating it with onions and pieces of red pepper.
- 1 kilogram of pork;
- half a liter of beer;
- salt and pepper.
Cut the meat into chunks and cover with beer, then marinate for about an hour. Drain, dry pieces of meat. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
Little tricks in cooking pork shish kebab
- It is better not to buy ketchup or mayonnaise for cooking because of the many additives in them, when frying, such a pickle will lose its taste.
- Salt the skewers ready, without adding salt to the marinade so that it does not become tough.
- For frying, pine, fir, maple and alder firewood will not work, they fill the meat with carcinogenic substances. It is better to choose oak, birch or cherry. It is important to pay attention that there is no moisture on the wood, and do not use chemicals during ignition.
- Stringing meat on skewers, you should alternate it with onions, distributing pork so that there are no hanging pieces.
- When frying, water the meat with wine, water or marinade so that it is not overdried.
- It is better to fry the meat not over the smoke or fire, but over the coals, moving the skewers close together.
There are many variations of kebab recipes, but a general tendency can be identified: lemon juice, orange, kiwi or pomegranate juice or dairy products may be part of the marinade; Onions, black, red pepper, basil, marjoram, garlic; olive or sunflower oil.
Add spices and herbs to your taste in the marinade and enjoy the fragrant dish and relax with friends!